- This announcement invites applications for establishment of the Gastroparesis Clinical Research Consortium (Consortium). Gastroparesis is a common condition of multiple different etiologies characterized by symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, bloating, abdominal pain and physiological abnormalities such as delayed gastric emptying. The consortium will consist of a network of clinical centers and one data-coordinating center, which will work cooperatively to conduct clinical research to elucidate the pathophysiology and develop better treatments for this condition.
- The total amount to be awarded is 3 million per year for 5 years.
- There will be approximately 4 to 6 clinical centers and one data coordinating center
- This RFA will use the NIH cooperative agreement (U01) mechanism.
- Eligible institutions include domestic for-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, Units of State and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal government.
- Eligible individuals include employees of the above institutions who have the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to conduct clinical research in patients with gastroparesis.
- Individual applicants may submit only one application.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html)
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster